Steps to Generate Table of Contents Automatically in MS WORD 2007 onwards:
1. First select the text that you want it to appear in the TABLE OF CONTENTS(TOC).
2. Use the Heading Format (Use Heading 1 for main content, Heading 2 for Sub content, Heading 3 for sub sub content) from Home TAB (Heading appears towards the right head of the word window)
3. Then Go to References Tab and select the TABLE OF CONTENTS.
4. Select the type of content that you want in your document.
5. The Table is ready.
6. If you want to go to specific section mentioned in the TOC, then press CTRL+CLICK, you are in the desired section.